Avocado Cucumber Sushi
Time: 20 Min
*This recipe could also include other fresh veggies you love.
-Bamboo sushi mat (to roll the sushi with)
-Cucumber cut into thin strips
-Cooked Sushi Rice
-(optional) Sesame seeds/ Herbs for topping
How to assemble:
1. Cover a bamboo sushi mat with plastic wrap. (This keeps the rice from sticking)
2. Place a sheet of Nori over the plastic.
3. Use your hands or a fork to spread the rice on the Nori. Leave about 1/2 inch of seaweed empty at the bottom.
4. Arrange the cucumber, avocado and any extra veggies you want across the center of the rice.
5. Next, lift the mat and roll over the vegetables once and press down.
6. Unroll, then roll again towards the exposed end of the seaweed sheet to make a long roll. (You may moisten with a little water to help seal.)
7. Set aside and continue with remaining nori sheets, rice and fillings.
8. Cut the Sushi with a sharp wet knife. Don't feel discouraged if the sushi doesn't cut well. You honestly need a really sharp knife to make perfect cuts.
9. Top with sesame seeds and/or your favorite herbs (optional)
10. Serve with your favorite sauce! Enjoy!
Gluten Free, Oil Free, Nut Free
Recipe By: Jovana Capric