Protein Packed Falafels
Gluten Free, Oil Free, Nut Free
Recipe By: Jovana Capric
2 Cans of Garbanzo beans
6 Cloves of garlic
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp salt (add more or less based on your preference)
¼ tsp curry powder
½ tsp paprika
¼ small onion
1 handful of parsley (I measured exactly 16g)
1 handful of cilantro (I measured exactly 18g.. a little more because I love cilantro)
½ lemon juice
½ tbsp nutritional yeast (optional, I just add it for the b12)
1 tbsp of oat flour (more or less)
*to make homemade oat flour just take some store bought rolled oats and blend them in a blender or food processor until it becomes flour)*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add all of your ingredients except the oat flour into a food processor and blend on high until everything is well combined.
3. Add your mixture to a mixing bowl and add 1 tbsp of oat flour. Check consistency. If its too dry add a tablespoon or 2 of water until you're able to form it into a patty. Do not add too much oat flour or the falafels will come out dry.
4. Form your falafels into patties and bake at 350 for 20 min. Don't over bake because this will also cause them to dry out.
5. I like to make my falafels fat free but if you're feeling crazy feel free to add a vegan tzatziki sauce :)